This organic tricolor quinoa comes from the Peruvian Andes. It has a nutty taste after cooking, it is well balanced of all since it has three colours combined together. It is the most popular quinoa and due to the variety of colours making it the dish very appealing and attractive to eat.
It is grown at 2500m to 4000m above sea level. Year 2013 was the international year of the quinoa, declared by the United Nations due to its high nutrition and sustainability. It has being chosen by Nasa as a plant that can be grown in outer space which contains all the essential amino-acids our body needs.
The nutritional value of all white, red and black quinoa are all similar.
1) Complete Protein; the only grain which is “quality packed of protein”. All 9 essential amino-acids our bodies need from protein is available in Quinoa. This is what is called a complete protein. Sometime food can contain a large amount of protein but it is incomplete because it doesn’t offer this essential amino-acids. Hence don’t be fool with some food with a large quantity of protein.
2) Excellent antioxidants; contains large amount of flavonoids, quercetin, kaempferol. Very potent antioxidants to fight diseases.
3) Low Glycaemic Index help control blood sugar levels; it is tested that the sugar levels in blood raise steadily after eating quinoa compared to eating rice. This will give our body enough time to process sugar and release insulin at adequate pace.
4) Help lose weight; due to it low Glycaemic Index Quinoa is beneficial for controlling weight. Also because it is high in protein it gives you a faster feeling of fullness and increases your metabolism.
|Size||Available in 300g, 500g and 1Kg.|
|USDA||Certified NOP USDA|
|EU||Certified EU Organic|
Organic Tricolor Quinoa
- Product Code: Grains
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in Passion Dollars: 32